The much-anticipated sequel to the no. 1 International Bestseller 12 Rules For Life, Beyond Order is finally landing in March 2021. The author, the immensely popular public intellectual, Jordan Peterson himself announced the arrival of the book.
When acclaimed clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson released his 2nd book, 12 rules for life at the beginning of January 2019, the world didn’t anticipate the storm it was about to get engulfed in. (His first being, Maps of Meaning)
In an era of quick fixes and mental hacks, Jordan Peterson shook the very core of the modern world’s collective apathy towards the responsibilities of both the individual and society. He made us aware of the terrible burden that we all have to bear in order to live a meaningful life.
With his two books so far and the third one incoming, named Beyond Order Jordan Peterson has heavily influenced the modern understanding of the individual. With his exceedingly popular lectures on topics like the Bible to archetypal stories to relationship advise drawing millions of viewers, he has become a truly Global YouTube Star.
Rising from a rather polarised topic of gender pronouns in Canada, Jordan Peterson has risen above contemporary politics with his timeless message. With his second book, 12 rules for life now getting a sequel in Beyond Order, another, much bigger international bestseller seems around the corner.
12 Rules For Life, A Brief Look:
As Beyond Order brings out 12 more rules for living a meaningful life, let us have a look at the already existing, staggeringly popular first 12 rules for life quickly:
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back
- Make Yourself Visible to the world. Correct your posture, and boost your confidence.
- Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping
- Love yourself the way you love your dog or any other loved one. Taking care of yourself is your responsibility.
- Make friends with people who want the best for you
- Surround yourself with people who want to bring out the best in you, and can who you can share bad news as well as good news.
- Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today
- Don’t rob yourself of the accolades you should give yourself by marking and celebrating your progress.
- Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
- Condition your children for a better future not lonely sociopaths. Teach them your values.
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world
- Start taking responsibility before you go out and start preaching values to others.
- Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
- Fulfil your soul rather than acting on your impulses. Choose the right path instead of taking the easy one, and build your character.
- Tell the truth — or, at least, don’t lie
- Don’t corrupt your soul or become invisible to fit in. Stop lying to yourself if you can’t say what you truly want.
- Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t
- Nobody can know everything. There is so much to see. There is so much to learn. Learn to listen.
- Be precise in your speech
- Your words define you. Remember, even a piece of truth when spoken with garbled speech becomes a lie. Your words are your responsibility.
- Do not bother children when they are skate-boarding
- Don’t stifle the growth of your children. Let them spread their wings under your watchful gaze.
- Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street
- Learn to focus on what’s in front of you. Learn to appreciate life no matter how small are the bits and how tragic life is.
Beyond Order, A highly Anticipated Book
The latest book by Jordan Peterson couldn’t have come at a better time. Although the world seems torn between ‘strick order’ and ‘absolute chaos’ because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Beyond Order- 12 More Rules For Life will be the Yang to its earlier Yin, i. e. 12 Rules For Life- An Antidote To Chaos. Beyond Order addresses many other aspects of life and picks from an earlier extended number of rules from a Quora answer which Jordan Peterson wrote way back before he became famous.
Beyond Order will be Jordan Peterson’s comeback to the world stage after a prolonged break due to various ailments. We are all hopeful of solid recovery and an even stronger opening for Beyond Order.
Until the book comes!